Having a baby is the most exciting time in a mom’s life, aside from the essentials, here are a few suggestions to make your days in the hospital room a little more homey and pleasant
1. Robe: Bring your favorite robe to the hospital to feel fresh when you receive guests. Hospital robes are less than flattering
2. Toiletries: Freshen up before and after with your favorite scents
3. Going home clothes: Pack a loose dress, shirt or maternity pants for your ride home
4. Baby’s clothes: His first ever outfit will be well documented so choose well! Make sure you have a little hat to keep his head warm
5. Swaddling cloths: Swaddling keeps baby cozy for their first ride home. Some moms choose to use their own swaddling cloths when rooming in too!
6. Scented candles: Candles create a homey feel to a drab hospital room
7. Bottled water: Hospital water tastes a little funky. You will be thirsty all the time as soon as you start breastfeeding!
8. Healthy snacks: Hospital food isn’t exactly fresh so stock up on fruit and vegetables to snack on in between meals
9. Breast pump: There are different ideas as to when to start pumping. But having the pump on standby is a good idea so you don’t have to wait your turn for the one in the nursery in case you need to use it
10. Lamp: Adding a bedside lamp with a yellow light adds warmth to a cold hospital room. No one ever looks good with overhead white light so adding a warm light will soften everything and enhance the post partum glow.